Hubby went to work really early this morning. We have 32 staff and around 27 of them give us no dramas at all. It’s the other 5 we have to worry about. Ditto goes for clients. It’s the old 90-10 rule. 90% of your clients are easy-breezy, the other 10% forget to place orders then panic, forget to pay then scramble at the end of the month… Being in business can be rewarding but I know we certainly earn our money!
So when hubby left, I got up to do my meditation but I qucikly checked my phone and whoops….15 minutes later my phone reminded me that I’d spent 15 minutes on Instagram. (I use the reminder that is part of the app. Without fail I get off my phone as soon as it’s cheery little message pops up.) In my defence, I ended up on an Upworthy spiral, which is a spiral up, not a spiral down! Here’s their Instagram and here’s their Twitter. It’s full of dads doing ballet with their kids, people graduating from college after the odds were stacked against them, and lots of dogs. It’s gorgeous and uplifting and if you have to scroll through Insta today, head over to Upworthy and feel a little better about the world.
Speaking of feeling better about the world! I am loving the Better Than Yesterday podcast with Osher Günsberg. Even though I fell down the Upworthy rose-coloured spiral this morning, I do tend towards the educational in my podcast listening. I can’t stand fluff – if I’m listening to a podcast hosted by women and they start going on about make-up or shopping I am out! It’s such a cliche, I can’t stand it. Osher recommended another podcast called Outrage and Optimism. It’s tagline reads thusly;
Face the climate crisis head on, but understand that we have the power to solve this. From former UN Chief Christiana Figueres and the team who brought you the Paris Agreement, this podcast about issues and politics will inform you, inspire you and help you realize that this is the most exciting time in history to be alive.Outrage and Optimism podcast
These people know their stuff and walk the talk.
I pledged my support to Zero Co today.
Zero Co: Win the war-on-waste at your place.
Eliminate single-use plastic from your kitchen, laundry and bathroom today.
I ordered the starter kit. We are trying to do everything we can to lessen our impact on the earth. I am excited about all the action that people are taking. This is too important to leave to the Politicians on the whole and it’s exciting to know that everyone can play their part! There are 2 days to go on the Kickstarter so jump on board now. They have smashed their goal of $250,000 so this project is going to be phenomenal when it gets going in June 2020. The founder Mike Smith is putting his 10 years of extremely successful start-up experience into this and helping all of us do our bit.
Another thing I get so excited about is how Australia has cut down so dramatically on single-use plastic bags! We were only 20 years behind Germany…but hey better late than never! I so rarely see people in the shops with plastic bags anymore. Most people take their bags and I am told by a young supermarket clerk I know that it’s ‘only the Boomers’ who complain. 😉
Onward and upward, peeps. ❤