- 1. Don’t scroll through anti-Trump memes on Instagram before bed. The dreams are something else.
- 2. These days, you definitely can judge a book by its cover. Cover designers tend to go to a lot of effort to communicate the nature of the story within. Not always successful, but that’s the plan. I think this aphorism was born in the days of plain covers when you literally could not tell one from the other. You cannot, however, judge a person by their appearance let alone based on your experience of them.
- Ergo -Don’t be surprised when the lady on the mat next to me with the 50’s-housewife hairstyle and see-through Kmart yoga pants can do full Hanumanasana.
- 2.5. Don’t be a massive ego on the mat. Hasn’t the injury taugh me that? gah…
- 3. When someone pisses me off, go deep and work out what it’s mirroring to me. What’s in my shadow that willful ignorance triggers anger?
- 4. Don’t fantasise about food during yoga. It’s torture.
- 5. Exercise. Eating clean. These things will keep me feeling my best. Not chocolate. Damn.
- 6. I can’t fight progress. There’s no teller at my bank anymore. I have to use the atm. Get over it and embrace the technology. Or drive twenty minutes to a full-service bank.
- 7. Don’t give the cat milk no matter how much he begs.
- 8. Sometimes going down the rabbit hole just results in a face plant in the dirt.
- 9. The more time I spend scrolling social media the worse I feel about the future of humanity. See points 1,3&8.
- 10. Not all lists have to have an even number of points.
Great notes! And I love the John Dewey quote!
Comments are closed.