You have to play, right?
My blogging buddy Kalliope was nommed for an award so here’s my hat-tip to her. Congrats chick.
And now I do the thing…
- Answer 8 questions that the blogger gave you
- Give 8 random thoughts about yourself
- Nominate 8 other bloggers and notify them of their nomination
- Ask your nominees 8 questions.
The 8 Pointless questions…
- Would you rather be loved for your mind, your heart, or your body? Currently keen to be loved for my mind. This is the drive behind constant, bordering on maniacal learning of new shit.
- Your life is suddenly accompanied by a strong and persistent musical soundtrack. Does the show belong on Broadway, a Disney film, a rock opera or a hotel lobby? Broadway, defs. Jazz hands at the ready.
- Identify the opening theme song and imagery montage that heralds your appearance. My ‘I Am’ song should come later in the piece. The opening scene involves me trying out various personas in Paris. Funny Face-mode Audrey Hepburn, Collette, Simone de Beauvoir. Music by Hans Zimmer.
- Which body of blood is more ominous: a river, a puddle, a slow ooze, or a persistent percussive drip? Drip all the way.
- How did you get that scar? I tripped on a log at school. What? Oh, that one? C-Section.
- When (and why) was the last time you cried? Sunday night. So bad a coming home.
- You’re suddenly in high school again. What is the single most important thing you would change or do differently if you could? Say no to the boy. Just no. Even though he’s cute. Sooo cute.
- Prepare your ultimate funeral. Setting, music, eulogies, your body, etc. There’s a file, saved to my desktop. God knows that my funeral would be like if my husband planned it. Lucky I’d be dead!
mmmm, I need to nominate people… oh god…
Loved this one from Meg Dowell.
This great post full of timely information from Janet Mary Cobb.
This one from Christine Seery spoke to my soul…
Great advice as we head into the new year from Catherine Lanser.
This quirk-filled blog from Ann Koplow.
Pretty much everything on A Writer’s Path.
Okay, that’s me…This procrastination has been brought to you by Networking and Reading 400 blogs. I really should be editing…
I didn’t make it to 8…and here are some Qs for you to A should you be keen
1. When did you know you wanted to be a writer? 2. What’s your dream writer’s retreat location? 3. If you could meet just one famous person and have a meal with them, what would you eat? 4. Most recent vacation? 5. Do you think your home town informs your writing/art? 5. How long have you been blogging? 6. What do you want to be when you grow up? 7. Fave movie? 8. If you were a painter, what would you name your Retrospective?